1. Short presentation
1.1. Back office
First of all go to settings area, configure module and then relate. As you can see in this video, relating products is very easy.
1.2. Front office
Read user guide for front office features description. We have plants to include video presentation here but not at the moment.
2. User guide
2.1. Default module settings
Our module has default settings which relates products by tags automatically and displays related products in a table [1-1]. If you install this module in to fresh PrestaShop installation then you should see related products like in this image:
Image - 1:
2.2. Module location in back office
Login to your back office and navigate to : Modules tab [2-2] > Other modules [2-3] > Advanced related products > Configure [2-4]
Image - 2:
2.3. Module home page in back office
Default module page is "Mange related products". We recommend to configure module first and after that start relating products. Click on "Settings" [3-5] menu item.
Image - 3:
2.4. Module settings page
- [4-6] Connect products - choose to connect products manually or automatically (using tags) + manually.
- [4-7] Connection type - one way or both ways. This option applies only to manually related products. Products related by tags are are always automatically related both ways.
- [4-8] Layout - display related products in a gird (simple) or in a table (table).
- [4-9] Max. related products - it's possible to limit number of related products if you want.
- [4-10] Price - price may be shown with taxes or without taxes.
- [4-11] Position - left column, right column, or product information page can be chosen.
- [4-12] Pagination - paginate related products. Useful if your products have a lot of related products.
- [4-13] Carousel - there is a possibility to display related products in a carousel.
- [4-14] Carousel page changing time - carousel in seconds
- [4-15] Products per page - if pagination is enabled then it's possible to limit products per page.
- [4-16] Table data - if layout [4-8] is chosen table then it's possible to choose table columns and change order. Click on "Table data field" and choose columns from drop down.
2.4.1. Connect products
You can connect (relate) products in two ways:
- Automatically (using tags) and manually - products also will be related automatically with the same tags. You can change product tags in product editing page in back office.
Those two ways are controlled differently.
It's possible to relate products manually in "Manage related products" zone [5-17]. Choose category [5-18] and choose your product [5-19]
Image - 5:
After product is selected, it's possible to select related products (connect other products with selected one).
- [6-20] Selected product - selected product is displayed here
- [6-21] Select another product - it's possible to select another product and work with it
- [6-22] Associated products - related products are displayed here.
- [6-23] Connected - this table column shows the type of relationship (Connected: manually, automatically)
- [6-24] Connect with (category) - select category where you want to find a product
- [6-25] Connect with (product) - click on the product to relate to. This product will apear in "Associated products" table [6-22]
If product is already realted to selected product then it's not show in not related products list ( in selected category ).
220.127.116.11. Automatically (using tags) and manaully
We have shown how to relate products manually not it's time to show automatic relationship with product tags. Product tags are managed in product description page info tab. Go to Catalog [6-26] > Choose product > open "Info" [6-27] tab:
Image - 6:
Scroll down to the "Tags" [7-28] field. Enter logical tags to a product. Products with the same tag will be become related.
Image - 7:
2.4.2. Connection type
- Both ways - if this option is selected, then products are related olways both ways
- One way - it's also possible to relate products only one way. Just make sure that your product are not related by tags if you wish them to relate only one way.
- Simple - related products will be displayed in a grid.
- Table - related products will be displayed in a table.
Image - 8:
Image - 9:
2.4.4. Max related products
It's possible to limit amount of related products. This option is useful if your products have too many related products and you want to limit them. This may happen for example if your products are related automatically with tags.
It's possible to display price with taxes or without.
Related products will be displayed in left column only if simple layout is chosen. It's impossible to display related products in a table on a left or right column.
Related products may be displayed in left,right column or in product information page.
Left or right column:
Image - 10:
Product information page:
Image - 11:
It's also possible to paginate related products. This is very convenient if products have many related products and you want to display them all in chunks.
Image - 12:
It's possible to display related products in a carousel. It's also possible to pause carousel [13-29]
Enable pagination if you want your carousel paginated like in image nb . If you do now want these numbered page links then you can disable pagination like in image nb. . We recommend to enable pagination and set appropriate amount per page for better use experience.
Image - 13:
If pagination is disabled then pages will not be displayed in your carousel. We recommend enable pagination in your carousel for beter use experience because customers may want to see the total amount of carousel pages and navigate among pages by clicking on them.
Image - 14:
2.4.8. Products per page
This option affects related products pagination and carousel pagination if carousel is enabled.
2.4.9. Table data
This option is active only if related products are displayed in a table. We have created table structure for a default settings [15-31] but it's possible to add or remove table columns.
Available table columns:
- Product name
- Price tax. excluded
- Price tax. included
- Add to cart button
- All features - it's possible to administer list of features in back office "Catalog" [16-32] > "Features" [16-33] zone.
Image - 15:
Image - 16:
3. Need some custom functionality?
If you need some custom functionalty or have ideas how to improve "Advanced Related Products" module you can just write us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org